View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:14 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
Cheaper, safer idea is a drop light. Until I got a circulating heater for my skidsteer, I would hang a drop light in the engine compartment overnight when I knew I needed to use it in the morning.
I have no block heater cord on my 87, and there are at least 3 dead plugs in the car, and it's gonna hit 17 tonight... So... I stopped at wallyworld tonight, and picked up a 100watt bulb, and a steel drop light, and set it on the exhaust manifold and plugged it in. I could have stuck it under the IP, for heat in the fuel... but I figured the heat from the light would soak into the steel, and keep the head slightly warm as opposed to the heat melting the wiring in the area, and catching all the fuel and oil etc on fire overnight... I'm funny that way.
we'll see in the morning how it worked. it was REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hard starting it this morning, and it was only 26... 17 is QUITE a bit colder...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!