Thread: NO START m103
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:57 PM

no start m103

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak View Post
As suggested above replace or resolder the OVP. cold starts depend on it for operation.Spray carb cleaner under air plate to test for ignition .it should run for a few seconds
The other failing item; check the Fuel pump relay .Best to clean the pins and resolder if fuel pump is erratic in operation. .
mak
Thank you Mak Very kind of you.You not gonna beleive me what I found in my intake today.Down below a trottle plate it was a flood of gas and ether of numerious times trying to do the same thing.Honestly I was suprised when it did not react on ether.OK I cleaned all that pool from down under with a hand pump.Why did not start with ether got me worry even more. Not knowing what to do next I went to open new spark plugs to see is it any change.And that was in the wright direction.From all new and clean plugs I could see clearly wich one worked at least a bit by black carbon deposit on brand new porculan.Only two of tham showed some signs,while every single one was flooded with gas.That is why did not react on the ether.If system didnt get any fuel ether will start in no time.We ofen do ether on company trucks in the cold winter mornings. Some of the trucks have glass bottle of ether by the factory(only non glow plug trucks) and ether goes in the intake by fumes over the rubber hose.So just a bit of it in the intake, should show a sign of start.In my case I beleive it was to much of fuel (flooded plugs) plus the ether.

Last edited by zvone; 05-09-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: correction